Men's Wedding Bands
Many considerations go into choosing the perfect men's wedding band. Years ago, men's wedding bands were only available in simple gold designs. Today, however, men have many options available.
How to Choose the Best Men's Wedding Band
Choosing the best ring depends on your personal style, budget and lifestyle.
Here are some of the most common options:
- Gold: Whether it's yellow, white or rose, gold remains the most popular metal used for men's wedding bands. Because pure gold is very soft, jewelers usually mix it with other metal alloys. Whether you choose a 14-karat or 18-karat gold ring, it's crucial to keep in mind that the metal will require occasional polishing and buffing to reduce the appearance of scratches.
- Platinum: Platinum, because of its rarity, is one of the most expensive metal options. As an incredibly durable material, it's ideal for those who want a sturdy wedding band that looks luxurious and requires little maintenance.
- Palladium: Rings made of palladium deliver a white, shiny finish. These bands can include everything from diamonds to engravings, and they're a more affordable wedding band option. While this metal can withstand an active lifestyle, it's less durable than some other options.
- Tantalum: Tantalum is fairly new to the wedding band scene. It's a naturally occurring element that gives the color of tungsten, but with the added benefits of being able to be refurbished and slightly enlarged. You'll find tantalum available in standard gray along with dark gray (almost black!)
- Tungsten: Tungsten wedding bands come in a range of colors, including white and black. Because it resists deterioration like tarnishing and damage like scratches, this precious metal is a suitable option for those who work with their hands. While it's a great low-maintenance option, your tungsten ring offers little flexibility. If you need to resize your ring, you must buy a replacement instead.
- Titanium: Titanium wedding bands provide durability and sturdiness. What's more, they add little weight to your hand. While these rings have several practical benefits, they also give men the ability to express their style with etchings and inlays.
- Silver: Out of all metal options, silver is the most affordable option. Silver wedding bands are attractive, but they require a little extra maintenance to keep the metal from tarnishing.
Shop Top-Tier Men's Wedding Bands at Koser Jewelers
Whether you are looking for a traditional men's wedding band or one with black diamonds, at Koser Jewelers, you'll find an array of options that will match your style and needs. Regardless of which metal and configuration you choose, your ring will come with a complimentary lifetime warranty.
Do you have questions about selecting a ring? Be sure to call 717-653-4941 or fill out our contact form.