Posted on Friday, December 13th, 2019 at 10:21 am by Morgan
When it comes to traveling, jewelry can easily be lost, tangled or even stolen. So how can you make sure your jewelry stays safe when you travel? Here are some of the best types of jewelry to pack, some tips and tricks for packing jewelry, and helpful hints to keep your precious jewelry safe.
Best Types of Jewelry to Pack
When you're deciding which pieces of jewelry to pack for your travels, a good rule of thumb is to keep it simple and light. Make sure to take only the jewelry you'll be wearing at your destination. Traveling with a small amount of jewelry is also a good choice, so consider packing just a few staple pieces that will go with a variety of outfits.
Ultimately, the best type of jewelry to pack is the type you wouldn't be heartbroken to lose. For precious jewelry that you usually save for special occasions, it may be best to leave them at home so you don't risk losing or damaging them.
Tips and Tricks to Packing Jewelry
Packing jewelry can be tricky, as you want to make sure you pack in a way where the pieces won't break or become damaged or tangled.
Travel jewelry organizers such as pouches, boxes, and roll organizers are designed specifically to keep your jewelry organized while you travel, so they are a great choice for packing your jewelry. They are also usually affordable and do not take up much space.
You can also use DIY tricks for packing your jewelry. Many items that you likely already have in your house are great options for organizing your jewelry and keeping it safe. For example, instead of a travel jewelry box, you can use a seven-day pill box to organize your jewelry according to the day you intend to wear certain pieces.
In the absence of a jewelry roll, you can use a small travel towel. Simply arrange your jewelry on the towel, roll it, and then tie the ends. You can even use straws to hold your necklaces, buttons to organize your earrings, and toilet paper rolls for bracelets, earrings and necklaces.
Tips for Traveling With Jewelry
To keep track of your jewelry and keep it safe during your travels, try these tips:
- Make a list: Make a list of all the jewelry you're taking with you so there is a lower chance of something being forgotten. Bring one copy of the list with you on the trip and leave one at home.
- Take photos and videos: Take photos and videos of your jewelry so you have them for reference if needed.
- Keep it with you: Keep your jewelry in a favorite bag and carry it on your flights so it is not left unattended at any point.
- Consider jewelry insurance: If you have to bring an expensive piece of jewelry with you, consider purchasing jewelry insurance so you can travel worry-free.
- Use the safe: If your hotel room has a safe, use it to store the jewelry you're not wearing.
Visit Koser Jewelers
For high-quality jewelry and friendly expertise, visit Koser Jewelers in Mount Joy, PA, to see our beautiful jewelry selections in person. From engagement rings to earrings and watches and more, we have stunning options for everybody and every occasion.