Posted on Friday, November 15th, 2019 at 8:20 am by Morgan
You've found the woman of your dreams. You have the perfect ring. Now you have to figure out how to ask her to marry you. If you're like most people in the digital age, you've probably been bombarded with the latest elaborate proposal trends on social media or in the news, and it's only made you more nervous. How could anyone top all that?
The good news is that you don't need to. Your significant other probably doesn't care about all of the proposal bells and whistles — most people would prefer a low-key, intimate proposal over a flash mob performance.
What's the Best Way to Propose?
Proposals are as unique as every couple. There's no "right way" to pop the question, but there are some rules you should try to follow when planning the proposal itself. Here's a list of do's and don'ts to consider before asking your partner to marry you:
- DO keep it a surprise: Even though you both know you want to get married, keep the actual proposal a surprise! This may mean that you have to keep your proposal plan from people who may slip the secret to your partner.
- DO know the answer: Like most couples, you've probably talked about marriage prior to now. However, you still need to keep a pulse on the relationship. Be confident that your partner will say "Yes" before proposing.
- DON'T throw them off: It may be trendy for men to throw their girlfriends for a loop to keep the real proposal a surprise, but trust us — your partner won't appreciate this game. You can still keep the element of surprise without preceding it with a series of disappointments.
- DO make it special: Your proposal doesn't have to be elaborate, but it's important that you make it special and memorable. Whether the proposal is private or in front of friends and family, be sure to make it personal. This is where you can get creative!
- DON'T be a copycat: Don't try to copy proposals you've seen elsewhere. As long as you keep your proposal uniquely special, you'll both cherish the moment forever.
- DO plan ahead: Always make sure that you have a solid plan in place for your proposal, and be mindful of your partner's schedule. Leave adequate time to get ready and finish up any tasks that need to be completed so nothing impedes the proposal.
- DON'T guess at preferences: Marriage proposal preferences vary from person to person, so know whether your significant other would prefer a private or more public proposal.
- DO know their ring size(if possible!): It's important to know your partner's ring size before purchasing the ring. This way, you don't have to wait several weeks after the proposal for it to get sized. Don't worry! If you can't get her size, our talented goldsmith can make it the perfect size after the proposal!
- DON'T go overboard: Proposals should be special, not spectacular. Don't get so bogged down in the details that you lose focus on what's important — taking the next step on your journey with your soulmate.
Do Choose Koser Jewelers
Looking for the perfect engagement ring for your sweetheart? Visit Koser Jewelers in Lancaster, PA or reach out to us online today!