Posted on Monday, April 13th, 2020 at 3:13 pm by Morgan
If you're in the market for wedding bands, first off, congratulations! Maybe you have everything squared away — the venue, the dress, the engagement ring — and now all you need is the wedding band.
With so many wedding bands out there to choose from, you may be wondering where to start. When should you buy your wedding bands? How do you match your wedding band with your engagement ring — or should you? Wedding band shopping is often rushed due to the excited bride and groom-to-be being caught up in the excitement of planning a wedding. These tips will ensure you cherish the process of picking out and shopping for wedding bands with your loved one.
When Should You Buy Your Wedding Bands?
At Koser Jewelers, we recommend starting your wedding band search early, preferably at least six to eight weeks before your wedding. If your ring has to be special ordered, it could take up to eight weeks depending on the time of year, designer or style. If you want to stand at the altar — or on the beach — and accept the ring your heart is set on, it pays to start looking early and the sooner the better!
Wedding Ring Shopping: How to Pick Out a Band With Your Partner
Wedding bands come in various metals, metal colors and setting styles, and with and without gemstones or diamonds. Here are five tips for choosing a wedding ring that expresses your preferences and lifestyle.
- Create a budget: Have a budget range in mind before heading to the jewelry store, so your jeweler knows what wedding bands to show you. You will most likely have other things to pay for as you're planning, and knowing what you're comfortable spending is crucial. Your jeweler can also help you understand your customization options if your dream ring has a higher price tag than your budget affords.
- Coordinate with your fiancé: The decision of whether to match your wedding band with your partner's is entirely up to you. There are no hard and fast rules for this one. Always consider how your fiancé's finger size differs from yours and whether you have differing style preferences. Even if you don't end up buying matching wedding bands, you can ensure at least one element of your rings matches — stones, an inscription, metal or a design element.
- Factor in your lifestyle: One of the most important factors to consider when wedding band shopping is the demands of your lifestyle and that of your partner. For women, plain metals without diamonds may work best, while for men, precious metal is always best but certain contemporary metals such as tantalum, palladium and cobalt can have great benefits as well. It's important to work with a well educated professional to understand the differences. If you and your fiancé have active lifestyles, choosing a band that requires little to no maintenance may be in your best interest. Of course, there's no need to rule out diamonds completely!
- Consider the future: When planning for wedding bands, make sure the ring you choose is something you'll want on your finger for the next 40 years or more. Remember, you can always make changes to your wedding band at any time — to mark a special anniversary or keep up with your changing style preferences, for example.
- Style considerations: Although the tradition of matching wedding bands has waned over the years, it's still the go-to choice for many couples. If you want your wedding band and engagement ring to complement each other, try mixing gold tones or choosing identical metals for both — yellow gold, white gold, rose gold, platinum and palladium. Or, choose a wedding ring that stands on its own or contrasts with your engagement ring in a way that expresses your creativity and unique style.
Shop for Wedding Rings That Go With Your Engagement Ring at Koser Jewelers
Excited to shop for stunning wedding bands that match or complement your engagement ring? Visit Koser Jewelers at our store in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. When wedding ring shopping together with your partner, know your options are endless! At Koser Jewelers, we're committed to helping you every step of the way. We'll help you find the ideal wedding band for you and your partner based on factors like lifestyle, style preferences, finger size and budget specifications.
When you need help deciding what wedding band he wants to wear, or how you can customize your wedding ring to include unique engravings, metals, diamonds or designs, our team at Koser Jewelers has got you covered.