Posted on Friday, November 22nd, 2019 at 8:00 am by Morgan
When it comes to accessorizing your wedding dress, jewelry that complements your attire and personal style is a must. With so many options to choose from, it can be hard to determine the right jewelry pieces for your big day, especially if accessorizing isn't your forte. But the right jewelry can take your look from "meh" to marvelous in seconds.
If you're looking for the perfect jewelry for your wedding, take a look at our "Rules for Jewels" that can help you pair the right jewelry with your wedding dress and other accessories!
Choose the Right Jewelry for Your Dress's Neckline
If you're planning on wearing a necklace on your big day, consider the neckline of your dress. While some dresses seem built for that bold diamond choker you've been eyeing, not every dress will invite that type of accessory. As with any piece of jewelry, you want to wear a necklace that will complement your entire look — not distract from it.
- For strapless or sweetheart necklines: Choose a choker or a short necklace for an elongating effect that draws attention to your face.
- For plunging necklines: These dramatic necklines are perfectly complemented by long pendants, chokers or a combination of both.
- For high or collared necklines: Believe it or not, it may be best to go without a necklace and opt for statement earrings instead. However, a delicate choker is always a classy option for some styles!
- For halter necklines: Halter necklines can be tricky for pairing certain jewelry. Since they don't go well with necklaces, you'll want to pair your halter dress with statement earrings and a matching bracelet.
As a rule of thumb, always try your jewelry on with your wedding dress and any other accessories such as a veil or hairpiece before you make a final decision if possible.
Less Is More
Jewelry should be used to enhance your look, not overpower it. While it may be tempting to deck yourself out in all the bling you can find, that plan of action sometimes backfires. Stick to simple, elegant jewelry or one statement piece that ties your whole look together and draws attention to your face instead of itself.
Pair Your Metals Correctly
If you're wondering which metals you should pair with your dress, consider the following:
- For white dresses: Silver or platinum will make this shade even more stunning.
- For ivory or cream dresses: Stick with gold to bring out the warm undertones of these colors.
- For blush dresses: Rose gold is an excellent way to complement this unique shade.
- For champagne or light beige dresses: Gold is a great option for bringing out these beautiful hues.
Keep Your Theme in Mind
Your wedding jewelry should align with your overall look. Are you dressed for a formal evening wedding? Consider wearing diamonds or bolder jewelry. Are you dressed for a rustic outdoor wedding? Stick with pieces that lend themselves to a more natural theme.
Be Uniquely You
Most importantly, your jewelry should be a reflection of your tastes and personality above all else. Let the experts at Koser Jewelers help you choose the perfect wedding day jewelry! Browse our selection in person or give us a call at 717-653-4941 today!