Posted on Friday, November 8th, 2019 at 8:41 am by Morgan
You've had your eye on that glittering diamond pendant for a while now, and you know for sure she'll love it. Maybe it's not the only diamond in your mind — but you're not planning to propose just yet.
Naturally, you wouldn't want to set up your significant other for disappointment with a jewelry box that doesn't contain the engagement ring they've been waiting for. So how do you gift diamond jewelry prior to engagement without giving the wrong impression?
Diamond Gift Presentation
When it comes to giving diamonds as a gift before you plan on getting engaged, presentation is everything. The key here is that you don't present the gift in a way that resembles a proposal. Here are some helpful tips for gifting diamond jewelry with class and tact:
- Use something other than a jewelry box: Using the jewelry box the diamond piece came in is a no-go, especially if the box is small enough to look like a ring box. Even if you think the box is clearly too big to look like it's for a ring, it's still best to choose another option that offers adequate protection for the jewelry. You can get creative here!
- Keep the mood light: Nothing says "I'm about to propose" more than sudden nervousness! Keeping the mood light and casual dispels any notion that there might be a proposal.
- Attach the gift to a specific occasion: Another way to avoid the appearance of a proposal is to attach it to an occasion like a birthday or a holiday. Out-of-the-blue gifts may trigger anticipation of a proposal, so it's best to have another reason for gifting in place.
Diamond Gift Ideas
If your significant other loves diamonds but you're not ready for engagement, you still have a multitude of options to choose from. When you consider your significant other's style and your budget, you can find the perfect diamond jewelry gift ideas to meet all of your criteria!
- Earrings: Earrings are the perfect gift for any special occasion — and diamonds go with just about anything. Whether your significant other prefers simple studs or elegant diamond hoops, there's something special for everyone.
- Bracelets: Diamond bracelets come in countless varieties. From delicate cords to bold chains, diamond bracelets make wonderful gifts for the holidays. Better yet, the sizing is usually simple and easy to determine.
- Pendants: Diamond pendants are fantastic ways to say "I love you" without words. Best of all, there are hundreds of diamond pendant varieties to choose from, so you can find a token of your love as unique as your significant other.
- Watches: If your significant other is classy and practical, they'll love a diamond-studded timepiece! Durable and elegant diamond watches make excellent Christmas or birthday gifts.
Choose Koser Jewelers
When it comes to choosing the right gift for your sweetheart, Koser Jewelers gets it right. Contact us today to find out more about our collections and services!